2019 Best Fee Only Financial Advisor Buffalo NY
Tree Best Rated has listed Mintco Financial as one of the Top 3 Financial services in Buffalo NY.
How do you choose a financial advisor?
- Most people rely on brand names they have heard of, or go with someone that a relative or a friend works with.
- But just because they are great for your friend, or have a shiny office, that doesn’t mean the financial advisor is great for you and your unique financial situation.
- Important things to look for in an advisor is the term “fiduciary” that will let you know that they have your interests in mind instead of their own.
- There are a lot of advisors out there who will try to sell you products because they make a commission on them, rather than because it’s actually a good idea for you.
- A fiduciary isn’t allowed to do that. They can still make commissions, but they have to be able to prove that it’s the right product for you.
- Choosing a financial advisor is a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- After all, you want to feel comfortable knowing that your finances are in good hands.
7 Most important Things to consider in a Financial Advisor
Consider the following.
Your personal style.
Deciding what type of management style you prefer can help you determine if you want a “partner” to help manage your investments or if you are willing to give the advisor more control.
Where to look for an advisor.
You can start by asking your friends and family for recommendations.
How to evaluate potential Advisors.
It’s important to meet face-to-face with candidates to make sure you are comfortable with the person and that you can trust him or her and you have good rapport. Most are willing to outline their services, fees and investment strategy during a free consultation.
Your objectives and philosophy.
Ask questions to find out if the advisor has an aggressive or conservative investment philosophy.
Check his/her credentials.
Many states do require their advisors to pass a proficiency exam or meet other requirements. Generally, there are two types of financial advisors, registered representatives and registered investment advisors. Registered representatives must pass the General Securities Representative Exam, known as the Series 7 exam and be registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Is there a conflict of interest?
Always ask why they are recommending one product over another. In addition, ask the advisor if he or she is acting in a fiduciary capacity. Also look for independent Financial Advisors and not your bank Advisor.
How is the advisor paid?
Financial advisors are typically paid a percentage of the value of the assets they manage for you; an hourly fee; a fixed fee; a commission on the securities they sell; or a combination of these methods. Ask the advisor to disclose in writing all forms of compensation he or she will earn, including bonuses, commissions, etc.
When should I get a financial advisor?
- The more complex your circumstances, the more likely you would benefit from some professional help.
- Behavior is where most people run into problems; it is also where financial advisers deliver the most value.
- When it comes to assessing risk in the capital markets, you’re just not built for it. The biggest obstacle to your success is not your stock-picking prowess or ability to time markets but rather the one thing that actually is within your control — your own behavior.
- If you have the time, interest and discipline, there is no reason you cannot do it yourself.
- It is relatively easy: Select an asset-allocation model, review it quarterly, rebalance once a year, wait 30 years, retire. Voila!
- For the rest of you, financial advisers are standing by.
Mintco Financial Fee Only Financial Advisors Buffalo NY
We’re a small firm, with a limited clientele. We recognize that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to financial planning, so we want to only bring clients onboard who we know are right for our strategies, and vice-versa. The key to our success is finding clients for whom we believe we can bring the most benefit.
Contact Mintco Financial Today