2019 Short Term Health Insurance Plans are NOT Scams
- A lot of short term medical plans are within the Aetna Network.
- Aetna is a pretty reliable one.
- Short term medical plans are not scams.
- They are insurance.
- It is a specific type of insurance.
- Any plan (short term medical or ACA) is only as good as the network it is on.
- Short term plans most often do not cover maternity benefits or drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
- If you need these 2 options, short term medical plans might not be a good fit.
- However, if you don’t need everything that an ACA plan offers, and you like a drastically reduced monthly premium, perhaps a short term medical plan could be a good choice for you.
- Keep in mind that with these plans, you can often select your deductible, coinsurance amounts, and max out of pocket. These variable options will bring the premium up or down.
- Short-term health insurance plans are the closest thing to “real” health insurance among the excepted benefits.
- They’re similar in many ways to the grandfathered and grandmothered major medical plans that were sold before the ACA was enacted and implemented, and they’re still available for sale today (unlike grandfathered and grandmotherd plans, which have not been sold since 2010 and 2013, respectively).
- The Trump Administration has recently relaxed the rules for short-term plans; as of October 2018, short-term plans can have initial terms of up to 364 days, and total duration, including renewals, of up to 36 months (states can impose stricter rules, and many have done so).
- When a short-term plan can potentially last for up to 36 months and is comparable to some of the grandfathered and grandmothered health plans that are still in force, it’s easy to see how it can be considered major medical coverage.
Best Short Term HEALTH INSURANCE 2019
There is nothing wrong with offering people a choice of a short term medical plan vs an ACA plan.
- If “experts” are worried about short term medical plans creating an environment within the ACA plans of high risk, high aged, and high premium policies, then perhaps they ought to look at a more customized approach to these ACA plans.
- Or, maybe you can point me to where 50+ aged men and woman need maternity care? There are miracles of modern science in todays world, but the majority of older adults aren’t having kids and shouldn’t have to pay for it.
What is Short-Term Health Insurance?
Originally, short-term health insurance was designed for healthy people who found themselves in a health insurance coverage gap or who were looking to get health insurance while in between jobs. These short-term policies were perfect for providing coverage while Americans were dealing with various life events like:
- You’ve lost your job and can’t afford the COBRA premiums
- You have graduated from college recently and need coverage until you become employed
- You’ve recently been through a divorce and you cannot stay on your spouse’s health plan
- You’ve retired early and cannot enroll in Medicare for a year or two
Although most short-term health plans were designed to offer coverage for only three months, in many cases you were allowed to renew your coverage at least one or two times.
More importantly, short-term health insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions, preventive care or issues like maternity or mental health care.
The difference in the ACA coverage and short-term health coverage is huge but so are the premiums.
Expanding access to short-term health insurance plans and association health plans goes a long way toward providing health insurance coverage to the millions of Americans who are uninsured. It’s a good start.
Where Can I buy Short Term Health Insurance
Don’t experience the financial burden of out-of-pocket medical expenses as a result of an unexpected injury or illness between your Health Insurance plans.
Get the coverage you deserve today with a flexible and affordable Temporary Health Insurance
Call us at 813-964-7100
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org