Best Florida MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS Part C
Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called “Part C” or “MA Plans,” are offered by private companies approved by Medicare. You’ll get your Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) coverage from the Medicare Advantage Plan and not from Original Medicare.
Medicare pays a fixed amount for your care each month to the companies offering Medicare Advantage Plans, and these companies must follow rules set by Medicare.
However each Medicare Advantage Plan can charge different out-of-pocket costs and have different rules for how you get services (like whether you need a referral to see a specialist or if you have to go to only certain doctors, facilities, or suppliers that belong to the plan for non-emergency or non-urgent care). These rules and theses costs can change each year.
Costs for Medicare Advantage Plans
Your out-of-pocket costs in a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) depend on:
- Whether the plan charges a monthly premium.
- Whether the plan pays any of your monthly Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) premium.
- Whether the plan has a yearly deductible or any additional deductibles.
- How much you pay for each visit or service (copayment or coinsurance). For example, the plan may charge a copay like $10 or $20 every time you see a doctor. These amounts can be different than those under Original Medicare.
- The type of health care services you need and how often you get them.
- Whether you go to a doctor or supplier who accepts assignment (if you’re in a PPO, PFFS, or MSA plan and you go out-of-network).
- Whether you follow the plan’s rules, like using network providers.
- Whether you need extra benefits and if the plan charges for it.
- The plan’s yearly limit on your out-of-pocket costs for all medical services.
- Whether you have Medicaid or get help from your state.
Many Medicare Advantage plans already offer some health benefits not covered by traditional Medicare, such as eyeglasses, hearing aids, dental care and gym memberships.
Many beneficiaries have been attracted to Medicare Advantage because of its extra benefits and the limit on out-of-pocket expenses.
Each Advantage plan has its own summary of benefits. This summary will tell you what your copays will be for various healthcare services. Your plan will offer all the same services as Original Medicare, such as doctor visits, surgeries, labwork and so on. You might pay $5 or $10 to see a primary care doctor. Specialists will often be more. Some of the higher copays may come in for diagnostic imaging, hospital stay, and surgeries.
You can usually expect to spend several hundred on copays for these items. However, this varies greatly between states, so review plans in your area to get the specifics.
Don’t risk making a mistake on something as critical as your health insurance. Get help from an experienced agent who can explain your options in detail.
Contact Mintco financial for help today at (813) 964-7100! We work with numerous plans in Florida, and we can guide you through your options.
Contact us at 813-964-7100 or email us at email@example.com
Get a Free Medicare Quote at www.MintcoFinancial.com