As Managing Partner of Mintco Financial, Inc. Lloyd brings a unique perspective to his clientele. He is a licensed insurance advisor in many different states and has been acknowledged by a number of local and national publications as one of the leading independent insurance professionals in the area. He has been a featured guest on AM1620’s USF radio.
Lloyd originally came from Bayshore, NY, he moved to Florida as a teenager, and upon graduating in 1988, he enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and served our country onboard the USS Paul FF-1080 during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. He decommissioned his ship, and finished his active duty tour in 1992 in order to pursue a college degree. During this time, he continued with the Navy as an active duty reservist, Operations Specialist First Class, through 2006.
Lloyd obtained his bachelor’s degree in Personal Wellness from the University of South Florida in 1996 and began a career helping others with their physical health issues, as an exercise specialist in a physical therapy clinic. His passion for helping others improve their health continued to grow and he realized from working with various patients, they had concerns about protecting their wealth as well. He took this knowledge and transitioned into a career in asset protection and wealth management.
Lloyd recognizes the importance of preserving the assets accumulated for retirement and the need for reallocating assets as you transition from the working years to the retirement years. Focusing on the unique needs of retirees and transitioning boomers, Lloyd employs a host of time-tested strategies utilizing insurance products to protect one’s life savings from rising healthcare expenses, unnecessary risks from market fluctuations, avoiding fees and when possible creating tax efficiencies.
Lloyd managed a local agency and for many years trained others in the business. His entrepreneurial drive led him to start his own firm, and in January, 2012 he decided to partner with Financial Advisor, Michael Minter and bring Mintco Financial, Inc. to the Tampa bay area. Their combined backgrounds have allowed clients the ability to receive in-house council on all facets of their healthcare and retirement planning needs.
Lloyd is married and has both a son and daughter and when he’s not helping his clients navigate retirement, he enjoys his time with family, indoor and outdoor volleyball, tennis, and serving the community with charitable efforts such as Habitat for Humanity and Metropolitan Ministries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physiology/Personal Wellness from the University of South Florida.
- US Navy 1988-1992 & active duty reservist 1992-2006.
- Owner/President Upright Financial, Inc., Independent Insurance Agency.
- Managing Partner of Elite Independence Group, LLC, nationwide licensed agency.
- Co-founder, Qooter app (The Instant Quoter).
- Established client base of over 700 individuals.
- Life/Health & Annuities Licensed.
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Book of Lists 2013 – Top 25 Wealth Management firm Mintco Financial, Inc.
- General Manager with AmeriLife & Health Services 1998-2011 managed & trained 15+ agents.
- Recognized in the insurance industry as one of the leading insurance professionals for Medicare Supplemental Plans, Fixed Indexed Annuities, and Life Insurance Planning.
- Started in the Insurance Industry with AmeriLife & Health Services in 1998.
- Top Medicare Supplement Producer 2004 & 2005. 2000-2010
- President’s Club Qualifier & Double Qualifier with AmeriLife and Health Services.
- Born and raised in Long Island, NY and moved to Tampa, FL at the age of seventeen. Presently resides in Tampa Bay area. Married to lovely wife Margo, with two children Jack and Rachael. Passion and love for indoor & outdoor volleyball and serving the community with charitable efforts.