Born in Washington, D.C., and grew up in Waldorf, Maryland. I have memories of my childhood, running my own Kool-Aid drink stands, mowing lawns for $10, cutting hair and learning how to string tennis rackets just to make a few bucks. I tried many different business ventures since my childhood, and always loved the challenge of how money works.
I was fortunate to have a loving mom, talented younger brother, and a father who was like the Vince Lombardi of the hearing impaired community at Gallaudet University, Dr. & Coach Minter. Losing him at the young age of seventeen, meant one thing, continue his Legacy on your own.
Life has never come easy for me, but I was blessed to have a loving, supportive family, and through my father’s teachings a winning attitude instilled in me. This has allowed me to overcome whatever challenge I am up against. Finishing up at the University at Buffalo with a Financial Analysis degree at night, while foregoing my senior year of tennis on scholarship, was one of my toughest decisions in life. A decision I hoped would help change many other lives, like my father.
There I began in the financial services business in 1997, while still in college. My life’s passion for the way money worked could now help families and individuals prepare and prevent what my family and so many go through financially when things change overnight. I have helped educate thousands of individuals and small business owners over the years about the financial strategies that have proven to be successful and continue to show people how money works. In 2001, my vision to create a Financial Firm that truly works for you began and Mintco Financial was born in Buffalo, NY.
In the summer of 2011, the stars aligned when I had the opportunity to meet my partner, Lloyd Schneider. He had everything that I didn’t have but shared the same values, ethics, and vision that I had. Most importantly, he had the experience and expertise to provide our clients the solutions that concerned them the most. So in 2012, we decided to create a nationwide agency together, and continue to build upon the brand and reputation Mintco Financial established over the past decade, and relocated to Sunny Florida.
Having a chance all these years to learn from you and your life’s struggles, I decided to write a book to educate all children and walks of life. The book is called I-Plan, in hopes that everyone in America will someday have the chance to read and implement their own. If my dream were to happen, I am confident the heart of America’s financial problems can be prevented for many generations to come, it’s a simple read with simple solutions.
I am blessed with a beautiful and healthy family that keeps me very grounded about where real happiness comes from.
I have achieved many certificates, received recognitions, have had articles published in Magazines and Newspapers, interviewed for TV shows, invited to speak at many Community Programs over the years (you can view my resume online)…but for you, what really matters is that I put my heart into everything I do. I am competitive (I played tennis and sports growing up at a very high level) and have always had the WILL to Win in all aspects of my life. We will win for you. To make you, your family, and our future’s lives happier. “TOGETHER WE MAKE POSSIBLE HAPPEN.”
- Financial Analysis BS Degree University at Buffalo (Ranked Top 50 Business Program by the Wall Street Journal).
- Specialize in the area of Retirement, Estate, & Business Planning (Financial Needs Analysis, Investments, Insurance, Annuities) educated thousands with a client base of over 500 individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- Global Fiduciary Strategist, GFS.
- Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Representative/Securities and Advisory Services (Series 6, 63, 65, 7) offered through *LifeMark Securities Corp., Member FINRA, SIPC, New York & Florida.
- Managing Partner of Elite Independence Group, LLC, nationwide licensed agency.
- Author of the I-Plan, a book for all ages to learn & enjoy the financial basics along the journey to financial success.
- Founder, Qooter app (The Instant Quoter).
- Guest financial speaker on FOX, NBC, CBS television and nationally syndicated radio shows in the United States.
- Featured in US News & World Report, Family Circle Magazine, AOL Finance, Investment News Daily
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Book of Lists 2013 – Top 25 Wealth Management firm Mintco Financial, Inc.
- Qualifying Member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) MDRT membership represents the top 1% of all financial advisors worldwide.
- Recognized by Crescendo Business Services & the Buffalo Spree Magazine as one of Buffalo’s Five Star Wealth Managers (fivestarprofessional.com).
- National Association Insurance Financial Advisors (NAIFA) National Quality Award 2011.
- Sponsoring Member of the University at Buffalo, School of Management Internship Program (CBIP) (http://mgt.buffalo.edu/internships) since 1999, recognized for outstanding internship contributions, CBIP award.
- Wrote the book I-Plan to help change America’s financial future (ages 14-senior).
- Founder/Co-Owner of the Albatross Tour Ball
- Co-Founder of Money & Music and The Money & Music Radio Show, created to enlighten & educate musicians, artists, athletes and entertainers about the various business and financial solutions available in today’s ever-changing marketplace.
- Invited Speaker to dozens of local community, church, and seniors events to help explain financial solutions.
- Guest Speaker at the University at Buffalo, School of Management, “Coffee Cup Conversation”.
- Sales Manager with John Hancock Financial Network, Empire Financial Partners 1999-2006.
- Certified by NYS Partnership Plan.
- 1998, 1999, 2003 John Hancock President’s Conference Qualifier.
- Started in the Financial Services Industry with John Hancock Financial Network in 1997, Rookie of the Year award.
- 1996-’97, #1 Singles/Doubles & Captain, University at Buffalo, Division I.
- 1994-95 Lander University, NCAA Division II, National Champion Men’s Tennis Team.
- Presently reside in Tampa, Florida.
- Born and raised in Washington, D.C. for 18 years.